News Headlines
Sun. Jul 23rd 2017
Fundraiser Dinner!

Please come out and join us on Saturday August 12th for our Black Pot Chicken Dinner    August 12th&...

Read more »
Mon. Jun 12th 2017
Fundraiser Dinner!

Please come out and join us for a fund raiser dinner!Saturday June 24th from 4:30pm to 6:00pmMeals are $8 and consist of:Fish...

Read more »
Tue. Apr 4th 2017
Fund Raiser Dinner

Please come out and join us on Saturday April 22nd for our Black Pot Chicken Dinner     April 22nd f...

Read more »
Consumer Product Safety Commission Recalls
The foot warmer under the mattress cover can short circuit and overheat, posing a burn hazard.
The winch solenoid located under the operator seat can overheat, posing a fire hazard. 
The crossbows can fire or discharge unexpectedly, posing an injury hazard to the user and to bystanders.
The mower blade can separate from the spindle, posing a laceration hazard to the operator or bystanders.
The recalled fireworks are overloaded with pyrotechnics intended to produce an audible effect, violating the federal regulatory standards for this product. Overloaded fireworks can result in a greater than expected explosion, posing burn and explosion hazards to consumers.
The lithium-ion battery packs in the self-balancing scooters/hoverboards can overheat, posing a risk of smoking, catching fire and/or exploding.
The lithium-ion battery packs in the self-balancing scooters/hoverboards can overheat, posing a risk of the products smoking, catching fire and/or exploding.
The lithium-ion battery packs in the self-balancing scooters/hoverboards can overheat, posing a risk of the products smoking, catching fire and/or exploding
The lithium-ion battery packs in the self-balancing scooters/hoverboards can overheat, posing a risk of the products smoking, catching fire and/or exploding.
The lithium-ion battery packs in the self-balancing scooters/hoverboards can overheat, posing a risk of the hoverboards smoking, catching fire and/or exploding.
The lithium-ion battery packs in the self-balancing scooters/hoverboards can overheat, posing a risk of the products smoking, catching fire and/or exploding.
The lithium-ion battery packs in the self-balancing scooters/hoverboards can overheat, posing a risk of the products smoking, catching fire and/or exploding.
The snaps can detach, posing a choking hazard.
The cranks can bend or break during use, posing a fall hazard.
A drawstring in the poncho’s hood poses a strangulation hazard to children. Drawstrings can become entangled or caught on playground slides, hand rails, school bus doors or other moving objects, posing a significant strangulation and/or entanglement hazard to children.
The fire extinguishers can become clogged or require excessive force to discharge and can fail to activate during a fire emergency. In addition, the nozzle can detach with enough force to pose an impact hazard.
The children’s nightgowns and pajama sets fail to meet flammability standards for children’s sleepwear, posing a risk of burn injuries to children.
The children’s nightgowns and two-piece pajama sets fail to meet the federal flammability standards for children’s sleepwear, posing a risk of burn injuries to children.
The children’s pajamas fail to meet the flammability standard for children’s sleepwear, posing a risk of burn injuries to children.
The steering wheel shaft can shift and detach while in use, resulting in a loss of control and crash hazard.
Heat from the exhaust can melt the plastic panels behind the operator and passenger seat, posing a fire hazard.
Babies can strangle on the side rope crossbars on the baby gyms.
The scuba diving regulators can malfunction, posing a drowning hazard.
The motor housing can overheat, posing a fire hazard. 
The dishwasher power cord can overheat and catch fire. 
The metal post and/or handle of the wind-up mechanism can detach, posing a choking hazard to young children.
The wood chipper’s knives (blades) can break and discharge, hitting the operators or bystanders, posing a risk of injury.
The rocker’s base can separate from the seat, posing a fall hazard.
The zippers on the pouf ottomans can be opened by children who can then suffocate or choke on the pouf’s polystyrene beads.
The exhaust header pipe can crack and release hot exhaust gases into the engine compartment, posing fire and burn hazards.  
The handles on the knife and server can break during use, posing a laceration hazard.
The seat base can separate from the chair back causing the chair to collapse, posing a fall hazard to consumers.
The outlet converters front outlet prongs are not configured correctly, resulting in reverse polarity when plugs inserted, posing shock and fire hazards.
The wiggle ball’s rubber knobs and plastic back can detach, posing a choking hazard to infants.
The exterior plastic case of the Wireless Tank Transmitter and Wireless Tank POD can burst during pre-dive pressure testing, posing an injury hazard.
A rivet in the brake assembly can loosen or disengage, resulting in brake failure, posing crash and injury hazards to the rider.
The clear plastic layer over the graphics can peel or bubble from the surface of the plates and bowls, posing a choking hazard to young children.
The soother’s USB wall power adapter can break, posing an electrical shock hazard.
The resistance tubes can break while in use and strike the user, posing an injury hazard.
The grills’ LP regulator can allow gas to flow at a higher pressure than intended, which can result in a gas leak and flame burst from the burner knobs, posing fire and burn hazards to consumers.
Upcoming Events
Every 4th Monday
7:00pm
Every 2nd Monday
7:00pm
Picture Gallery
Website Search
Apparatus Gallery
Recent Call Volume
 Fire
Dec-169
Nov-1610
Oct-169
Sep-1613
Aug-1613
Jul-169
Jun-1610
May-164
Apr-1614
Mar-1611
Feb-1610
Jan-1618
Total130

Call Volume History

Visitor Polls
Are your Smoke Alarms in working order?
Contact Information
Climax Volunteer Fire Department
4166 Climax Rd
Chatham, VA 24531
Emergency: 911
Member Login