News Headlines
Sun. Jul 23rd 2017
Fundraiser Dinner!

Please come out and join us on Saturday August 12th for our Black Pot Chicken Dinner    August 12th&...

Read more »
Mon. Jun 12th 2017
Fundraiser Dinner!

Please come out and join us for a fund raiser dinner!Saturday June 24th from 4:30pm to 6:00pmMeals are $8 and consist of:Fish...

Read more »
Tue. Apr 4th 2017
Fund Raiser Dinner

Please come out and join us on Saturday April 22nd for our Black Pot Chicken Dinner     April 22nd f...

Read more »
Consumer Product Safety Commission Recalls
The fuel tank neck can crack or the wiring harness can overheat or short circuit, posing fuel leak and fire hazards. 
The LED light bulb’s base can separate from the connector, posing an electrical shock hazard.
The mattresses fail to meet the mandatory federal flammability standard for mattresses, posing a fire hazard.
The lithium-ion battery packs in the self-balancing scooters/hoverboards can overheat, posing a risk of smoking, catching fire and/or exploding.
The women’s scarves fail to meet the federal flammability standard for clothing textiles, posing a risk of burn injuries to consumers.
The colored plastic tubes on the product may become brittle and break into small pieces, posing a choking hazard to infants.
Fuel can leak into the headlight pod, posing fuel leak and fire hazards.
One of the five harness belts can unlock during use and allow the user to fall out of or be thrown from the vehicle, posing a risk of serious injury or death.
The front brake can detach, posing crash and injury hazards.
Parts inside the toy can break creating a sharp point that can penetrate the surface of the toy, posing a laceration hazard.
The glass beer mug can break if heated or used with hot liquid, posing burn and laceration hazards.
The refillable propane cylinders can leak propane gas, posing fire and explosion hazards.
Carbide rollers on the triggers can crack causing the weapon to discharge without trigger activation, posing an injury hazard to the user or bystander.
The height adjusting carriage assembly can loosen and fall on the consumer, posing an impact hazard.
The rear axle can fail, posing fall and crash hazards to riders.
Air in the brake system can cause brake failure, posing a crash hazard to the user or bystander.
The halogen bulbs sold with the chandeliers can melt parts of the fixture, posing fire and burn hazards.
The snap at the crotch of the coveralls can detach, posing a choking hazard to infants.
The light shades can detach and fall, posing laceration and burn hazards.
The recalled chests are unstable if they are not anchored to the wall, posing serious tip-over and entrapment hazards that can result in death or injuries to children. The chests do not comply with the performance requirements of the U.S. voluntary industry standard (ASTM F2057-14).
The recalled chests are unstable if they are not anchored to the wall, posing serious tip-over and entrapment hazards that can result in death or injuries to children. The chests do not comply with the performance requirements of the U.S. voluntary industry standard (ASTM F2057-14).          
The Red, White, & Blue Smoke fireworks can explode unexpectedly after being lit.
The legs on the base of the chair can break, posing a fall hazard.
The fuel gauge retainer can collapse and leak fuel, posing a fire hazard.
The fork leg can crack or become damaged, posing a fall hazard.
The women’s scarves fail to meet federal flammability standard for clothing textiles, posing a risk of burn injuries to consumers.
The children’s robes fail to meet the federal flammability standards for children’s sleepwear, posing a risk of burn injuries to children.
The handle on the Vergo belay device can loosen and cause the device’s assisted braking capacity to malfunction, posing fall and injury hazards to climbers.
The legs of the chairs can break, posing a fall hazard to consumers.
The handlebars can crack, posing a fall hazard to the consumer.
A young child’s neck can fit into the “V” shaped opening along the top edge of the gate, posing entrapment and strangulation hazards to young children. Also, young children can pass under the gate allowing access to restricted areas, such as stairs.
The pump control cover can be improperly grounded, posing an electrical shock hazard.
The plastic diffuser lens can detach and fall unexpectedly, posing a risk of injury from impact.
The snowmobile drive clutch can fracture and fragments can escape the snowmobile shielding, posing an impact hazard.
The buttons can detach from the garment, posing a choking hazard to young children. 
The children’s robes fail to meet flammability standards for children’s sleepwear, posing a risk of burn injuries to children.
The circuit board in the lawn mower can short circuit and catch fire, posing a fire hazard to users.
The meters can fail to give an accurate voltage reading, resulting in the operator falsely believing the electrical power is low or off, posing an electrocution hazard.
Seat slider bolts and push nuts can disconnect and fall from the chair, which could cause the seat to detach from the chair, posing a fall hazard to consumers.
The joint of the articulating arm can pinch or cut the electrical wire causing it to fray, posing a shock hazard.
Upcoming Events
Every 4th Monday
7:00pm
Every 2nd Monday
7:00pm
Picture Gallery
Website Search
Apparatus Gallery
Recent Call Volume
 Fire
Dec-169
Nov-1610
Oct-169
Sep-1613
Aug-1613
Jul-169
Jun-1610
May-164
Apr-1614
Mar-1611
Feb-1610
Jan-1618
Total130

Call Volume History

Visitor Polls
Are your Smoke Alarms in working order?
Contact Information
Climax Volunteer Fire Department
4166 Climax Rd
Chatham, VA 24531
Emergency: 911
Member Login